New Student Enrollment for Middle & High School
Welcome to NTPS, new students! Please read the process carefully!
- Find your School (search by your home address)
- Complete a Registration Packet:
- Bring the completed packet to your school office (with the required and/or optional documents below) to complete registration. High School offices open August 1st (except River Ridge). Middle School offices open August 7th.
- If your school office is closed, please bring completed packets to the Student Records Department at the NTPS Service Center during the summer (Hours 7:30 am–3:00 pm Monday–Friday; open until 5:00 pm on Wednesdays in August).
- After the required documents have been processed, your student will need to make an appointment with the counselor to register for classes.
- Only a parent/guardian living in the District and at the same residence as the student may enroll the student.
- Please provide accurate information. Inaccurate information could place you in jeopardy of legal action.
Questions? Please contact your school.
Five (5) Required Documents:
- Verification of student's name and age. NTPS will accept a variety of documents for this purpose, including:
- Birth Certificate (order copies from the state if lost)
- Valid Passport
- Driver's License
- Adoption Record
- Previously Verified School Record
- Affidavit from Parent
- Documentation of legal name change if different than the name on the above record.
- Medically Verified Immunization Records (Required by Washington State) EXAMPLES:
- A completed Certificate of Immunization Status (CIS) signed by a healthcare provider (included in the packet above);
- A CIS filled out by you or another parent/guardian with medical records attached;
- A CIS printed by a health care provider or school from the Washington State Immunization Information System; OR
- A CIS printed from MyIR (a free Dept of Health online tool), go to wa.myir.net/register to begin the signup process.
- Proof of residency. One (1) of the following documents:
- Current lease
- Recent contract of sale
- Recent Mortgage statement
- Recent Utility Bill
- Custody agreement/parenting plan/court order if parents are separated or divorced.
Three (3) Documents not required, but helpful if available:
- Academic records (Report card if registering for grades 6-8 or transcripts if registering for grades 9-12) (helpful, but optional)
- Copy of Individualized Education Program (IEP) / Evaluation Report (ER) (if applicable) (helpful, but optional)
- Copy of 504 (if applicable) (helpful, but optional)