Why North Thurston Public Schools?
Want to make a DIFFERENCE in the lives of children?
Are you PASSIONATE about diversity, equity and inclusion in our schools?
Join us as a valued employee at North Thurston Public Schools! We have a proud tradition of excellence in education as we strive to prepare approximately 15,000 students for rewarding careers, fulfilling lives, and compassionate global citizenship. As home to the most ethnically diverse population in the South Sound, we follow the principles of the International Charter for Compassion, which recognizes that we treat each other with kindness, respect differences, and make our district a place where everyone belongs and feels safe. Dedicated to the success of all students, we work hard to close the opportunity gap for our students of color and students experiencing poverty.
Come join us to ensure that ALL students are empowered and future-ready!
What we will trust you with
- Creating a safe environment for all students
- Contributing to a welcoming school culture
- Professionally representing North Thurston Public Schools in your community
What we need from you
- The ability to work with culturally diverse families and communities
- Effectively communicate with staff, students and parents
- Embody kindness and compassion
Where you'll be
One of the most beautiful states in our nation, Washington is the home of 3 National Parks, 17 National Wildlife Refuges, and the famous Puget Sound. From our district in the city of Lacey, you can easily access Mt. Rainier for hiking and skiing, the Pacific Ocean for beach-combing, and the bustling city of Seattle for food and cultural events. Just a few miles away is Olympia, our state capitol, where you can observe government in action. Also, nearby is Joint Base Lewis-McChord from which we welcome our many military families.
What makes NTPS a great place to work?
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Compassionate Community
- Strong Partnership with North Thurston Education Foundation
- Employment Information
As the saying goes, “it takes a village to raise a child,” and we have many employment opportunities within our village to help raise our students to be empowered and future-ready. From classroom teachers to support staff, we offer rewarding roles for a variety of skill sets.
Employment opportunities are broken into two categories--Certified and Classified. Certified positions require certification from Washington’s Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction. Classified positions are all other positions that support the work of our schools.
View our Current Openings for a list of available positions. Don’t see what you’re interested in? Sign up for our job alert notifications which will email you once a week with any new positions that have been posted. If you are in need of assistance with your application or username/password, you may contact TalentEd support at 1-855-955-0946.
Certificated Application Process
All applications and supporting documents must be submitted online. We use an applicant tracking system, called TalentEd, to process applications. You will be asked to create a username and password, if you do not already have one, to complete the application. In addition to the application, the following documents are required as attachments:
- Cover Letter
- Copy of Washington education certificate OR a PDF document explaining the status of your Washington education certificate
- Copy of college transcript(s)
At North Thurston Public Schools, we are dedicated to attracting, developing, and retaining a highly qualified, motivated, and diverse workforce. As such, we use a multi-stage process to identify high quality teachers. Our process is outlined below:
- Application: Candidate applies; application includes 5 supplemental questions
- Screening: Application screened
- Candidate Pool: Successful candidates from the application screening process are admitted into the approved candidate pool.
- School-level Interview
Classified Application Process
We have a wide range of classified positions to help support our students grow and learn.
Some positions included are custodians, food nutrition workers, grounds and maintenance, office professionals, paraeducators, technology support, transportation, and so much more!
All applications must be submitted online. We use an applicant tracking system, called TalentEd, to process applications. You will be asked to create a username and password, if you do not already have one, to complete the application.
Interested in being a Paraeducator? There are additional application requirements for Paraeducators:
- Cover Letter
- Copy of college transcripts (must confer an AA degree or greater) or copy of ETS test score report of 461 or higher. You may also have 2 years of higher education (72 quarter credits or 48 semester credits of courses 100 or above as documented by transcripts).
All requirements MUST be uploaded during the online application process. Do NOT send in paper copies.