Welcome to the Bower Learning Center "It's All About Learning"
The Bower Learning Center is the hub for professional development at North Thurston Public Schools; featuring state of the art meeting rooms and a 24-seat computer lab. Our facility also serves as the home for NTPS Career and Technical Education, Math, Science, and members of the Instructional Specialists team.The BLC is available for community organizations, school district activities, and outside groups. Please see our facility rental information for community access.
Bower Learning Center (BLC) Building History:
- 1971- Facility constructed and open as the North Thurston High School library.
- 1983 - Facility salvaged after the old North Thurston High School campus was demolished
- 1984 - Facility renamed the Bower Center in honor of Frank Bower, first Principal of North Thurston High School. Building used as a community meeting space and district office space.
- 2002 - Facility remodeled and renovated; dividing the older library floor plan/meeting space into smaller classrooms/meeting rooms. The Bower Center renamed the Bower Learning Center (BLC); becoming the home in 2002 to professional development, Athletics, Learning Technologies, and Career and Technical Education.
- 2014 - Building updated to accommodate additional staff; technology upgrades in meeting and training rooms.