Welcome to Woodland Elementary!
Woodland Elementary, the home of the Wildcats, opened its doors in 1982 and take its name from the Wood family, who originally settled in the area. We are an award-winning school that focuses on responsibility and respect. We are proud of our students, our community, and our school! Each day at Woodland Elementary is focused on providing the best possible learning for all who enter our school. We devote our efforts, talents, and resources to meeting high academic and social standards for every student.
What makes Woodland unique?
- School of Distinction & State Achievement Award
- Military support groups provide connections for students with active military family members
- Student Leadership Program creates an opportunity for students to tutor, support, and engage in the community of students around them
- Self Manager program to encourage students to “be respectful, be responsible, be safe & BE YOUR BEST!” Teachers meet monthly with students around goals and can nominate students for the program when they display these attributes. Hundreds of students are recognized each year in the program.
- Before-school choir performs at our school and for different organizations around our community.
- PTA – great support – supports our monthly assemblies, regular self-manager celebrations, end-of-the-year barbecue, field day and much more!
Continuous Growth Goal:
- Increase the percentage of low-income students meeting standards in Passage Reading Fluency in grades 2nd from 11% to 22% and 3rd grade from 3% to 11% to match that of their non-low-income peers by June 2022.
Empowered Learners Goal:
- Using SWIS data for tracking, reduce the number of students with referrals for physical aggression by 20%. (from 50 office referrals to 40 office referrals) by June 2023.
Download the complete School Improvement Plan >> (PDF) Updated spring 2023
Be Respectful, Be Responsible, Be Safe & Be YOUR BEST!
Partner in Education
Learn what our community sees as Woodland’s greatest strengths and challenges as we plan for the future.
Woodland values the strong support of our families, alumni, and community. Volunteer opportunities include mentoring, tutoring, participating in events and field trips, helping in the classroom, and more.
Total Budget for 2020-21: $7,932,182.25
Building Expenditure Per Pupil: $18,117.04
Woodland Elementary takes its name from the area originally settled by the Wood family. It was originally constructed in 1981 on 16.6 acres located at 4630 Carpenter Road SE in Lacey. In 2007-2008 early site work was completed to prepare for an extensive upgrade of the campus, including new fire loop, sewer-pumping system, and the addition of an 8-classroom modular building. In 2008-2009, a major modernization and additions to the building and site were completed, utilizing 2006 bond and state assistance funds. The design focused on creating an inviting and secure main entry, increasing natural light throughout the facility, providing better circulation for students and staff, addressing special needs students, and improving the educational environment for students, teachers, and volunteers. Exterior materials, interior finishes and all mechanical, electrical and technology were replaced or upgraded. In 2011, energy efficient lighting upgrades were completed utilizing state energy grant funds. The 46,829 square foot building, including 31 instructional spaces, plus an 8-classroom modular building serve kindergarten through fifth grade.