Volunteer at Meadows Elementary
We love our volunteers! Your time and talents are at the heart of our district!
During the 2018-19 school year, NTPS Volunteers contributed nearly 53,000 hours of their time to students! Thank you!APPLICATION STEPS
- Choose your application type below.
- Applications include a background check per RCW 28A.404.303
- Please allow 2 weeks for processing.
- You will receive an automated welcome email once your application has been approved. (Watch your spam/junk folders)
- Once approved, your volunteer application is valid for 2 school years. All applications processed at this time will expire on 7/1/2021.
- Please review the Volunteer Handbook and Code of Conduct before volunteering for the first time.
- Create your volunteer profile at helpcounterweb.com/ci/volunteer. You can add/remove schools, update contact information, track and record hours, and see upcoming opportunities.
Contact Merry Sam, Volunteer Liaison: firstname.lastname@example.org
Watch D.O.G.S. (Dad of Great Students) is our volunteer program aimed at fathers - helping them feel welcome volunteering in our schools and mentoring our students. Learn more about the program by visiting the Watch DOGS website.
A recent comment from one our Watch DOGS: "It was a lot of fun. Thanks for inviting us out. You guys do a fantastic job at Meadows. I can’t express enough how happy we are with the effort, and commitment that the Staff gives the children, and their families. We have been stationed in a few different school districts in our short school career, and Meadows is our favorite. Keep up the Great work!"
General Volunteers - Family & Community Members
Want to volunteer in your child's classroom or on a field trip? Don't have a student in the district, but still want to contribute to your neighborhood school?
- Must be 18+ years old.
- Complete the online application below.
Student Club Volunteers
National Honor Society? Interact? Key Club? Any student clubs or groups within NTPS, contact our Volunteer Specialist for more information on approval for groups.
- Contact the Volunteer Liaison for the fastest application process.
- Include club name, advisor, roster, and the schools where you would like to volunteer.
Are you an NTPS student looking to fullfill your community volunteer hours for graduation? Giving back to your elementary or middle school is a great way to collect those hours! Students can also Earn a Varsity Letter in Community Service!Volunteering as part of a club? Please contact the Volunteer Liaison for the fastest application process.
- Complete the paper application below with signed approval from attending and volunteering school principals.
- Parent signature required if under 18 years old.
- Return to Volunteer Services via mail or email.
Volunteers in Action!
Star Volunteer John Wilson is staying connected to Timberline High School in a big way after retiring from 30 years of teaching math and coaching bowling at THS in 2016. John serves as a dedicated volunteer coach for the girls bowling team and as a weekly tutor in the after-school math lab. See more!
Some of our youngest student volunteers spread holiday cheer at Woodland Retirement Community this December! Members of the Horizons Elementary Junior Key Club, led by advisor and music teacher, Jane Stillman, joined Woodland residents for an hour of carols and cookies. See more!
Thank you to our PTAs and parent volunteers for organizing fun run fundraisers at 6 elementary schools this fall. Students had a blast running and dancing around their schools while volunteers cheered them on, kept them hydrated, and tied their shoes! See more!