This is my final “this week in band” message before I shiftover to the summer fundraising list for sending out e-mails. There’s not too much to say, but:
· Summerfundraisers…we’re off and running. Summertimeis our big push for next Spring’s Disney trip!!! The trip is already approved by the board andI am already trying to get quotes from bus companies to start building theactual budget. I will be working on ourDisney Audition materials as well over the next couple of weeks before wereally hit the fundraising blitz from fireworks through mid-august. Car wash on Saturday (and next Saturday the22nd as well). Fireworksstart on the 27th…more info tomorrow on the summer e-mail list forthat. You can still reply to this e-mailand ask to be added to the list if you want to get information about summerfundraisers…
· CookieDough…the orchestra was selling cookie dough (for about $15 - $18 per tub)and has a bunch extra that they had to buy to make full cases. We are storing it frozen (good for a year) inthe band’s freezer for them and Mr. Pearson has authorized me to get rid of itat $10 a tub. I have something like 28tubs left of several different varieties and will be in the band room for alittle bit after the car wash to do some paperwork and settle that fundraiserbefore going home. If you are interestedin some cookie dough…come by around 5:30 – 6:00 and I should be in the bandroom.
· Fines…OK,this is a part of the job that I hate, but have to do. I sent home fiscal reports about 5 or 6 timesduring the school year and did not receive money that was outlined in thesyllabus and was due, so I turned in some $1300+ in fines spread across 30different students. Fines were foreverything from Leavenworth to Uniform fees and pep band shirts to taikoshirts. You will have to work with theoffice on paying those fines and they should be put in on time to keep reportcards from coming home. I may try towork with the ASB office next year to get it so that I don’t ever have to worryabout collecting money…I send them the list of who owes what and they put it inthe fines system right away and the students have to pay them directly. I heard a rumor that another group on campusdid it this way and would be very happy with that.
· Taiko…rememberthat we are now not meeting until after Fireworks are done. We all need a little break before running offinto the summer months. It looks like weare interested in expanding our performing in the summer…we’ll see what turnsup. If you did not fill out the “summertaiko” form last Tuesday night or later, you need to contact me or you will bedropped off the taiko list for the summer events.
· Marchingpercussionists…please send me any known conflicts that you have for thelast two weeks before school starts. Weneed to work together as a unit more to get our act together before we startthe school year and I would like to schedule around as many conflicts aspossible and let you know as soon as possible.
Thanks for a great year and we’ll do it again in the fall…
Last Modified on Thursday at 2:38 PM