How "Elementary 13" became "Chambers Prairie"
Sometime in the early 1840s a couple named Thomas and Latitia Chambers made the decision to "head west".
In 1846 after crossing the Oregon Trail, Thomas and Latitia Chambers and their eight children settled here. As a result, this area has been known as "Chambers Prairie".
Lacey Historical Society and Lacey Historical Commission advocated for the name "Chambers Prairie Elementary"
Last Modified on October 4, 2011