HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATION REQUIREMENTS
1) Credit requirements:
FINE, VISUAL, & PERFORMING ARTS 1.0
SOCIAL STUDIES 3.0
- World Studies I, II, III 1.5
- U.S. History 1.0
*PNW (see below)
CAREER & TECHNICAL EDUCATION 1.0
- Any courses in Applied Technology, Business & Technology, Career Choices, Family & Consumer Sciences.
HEALTH & FITNESS 2.0
TOTAL 22.0 credits
*Students must have completed a course in Washington State History and Government (PNW - typically completed in Middle School).
2) High School & Beyond Plan, Culminating Project & 20 hours of Community Involvement requirement (to be completed in Advisory)
3) State Testing Requirements:
- Students will meet the State Reading and Writing standards by passing the Reading and Writing HSPE.
- Students from the Class of 2013 & 2014 will meet the State Math standards by passing one math EOC.
- Starting with the Class of 2015 and beyond, students will meet the State Math standards by passing both the Algebra EOC and the Geometry EOC.
- Starting with the Class of 2015 and beyond, students will meet the State Science standards by passing the Biology EOC.
- The academic requirements listed are MINIMUM for high school graduation and can be completed in four years. If more time is needed, students may enroll in additional coursework up to age 21.
- Students who plan to attend a four-year college/university should refer to the Washington Public Four-Year College/University Admission Requirements.
- Marching at graduation: in order to participate in the graduation ceremonies, it is the student's responsibility to assure ALL graduation requirements are met PRIOR to the ceremony.
- To receive a North Thurston diploma, the last semester of coursework must be earned in a NTHS program.
- A semester course that meets for 90 periods of 55 minutes each equals .50 credits. With passing grades, 6 credits (3 per semester) may be earned during the school year's regular program (based on a 6 period day).
- To graduate from North Thurston High School and receive a diploma, you must successfully complete a MINIMUM of 22 credits