THS Counseling Center
Phone: (360) 412-4867 Fax: (360) 412-4879
Hours of Operation: 7:00am - 3:00pm M-Fri
Counselor Availability: 7:00 am - 2:30 pm
Students and parents should contact a counselor if they have questions about transitions between schools, registration, course selection, interpretation and use of test results, or graduation requirements. High School counselors assist students with academic, vocational, college, and personal questions. Parents may contact a counselor to facilitate teacher meetings, discuss their students' current scheduling, or post high school planning. Students and parents are strongly encouraged to make an appointment with a counselor or our career technician.
Timberline High School's counseling and career center offers a wide variety of services and resources:
- Visiting middle schools during the prior school year to provide a smooth transition from middle to high school.
- Assist students in planning, selecting and successfully completing high school courses that prepare them for their post-high school plan.
- Teaching students about the intricacies of college admission, how to develop and sustain study habits and develop personal/social support systems.
- Host parent nights providing information on course selection/registration, financial aid, college admission, and other topics.
- Work with students, parents and families on addressing personal problems that are interfering with student success.
- Facilitates outreach with community mental health support agencies.
- The high school career technician helps students:
- Develop an awareness of self (interests, aptitudes).
- Explore a wide variety of careers (job shadows, speakers, field trips).
- Examine the educational requirements for their chosen career.
- Develop job-seeking skills.
- Learn about job openings and volunteer opportunities in the community.
- Provide access and assistance with WOIS (Washington Occupational Information System). WOIS is a complete system of information about occupations, educational training programs, and post secondary schools.