Dear Lakes Families,
We had a smooth start to school this year, we are now two months into the year and well into our routines. Our commitment to serving your children and your family is strong and to that end, partnering with you is at the foundation of quality education. Please do not hesitate to contact us with questions or concerns and know that we will work with you to make this the best possible school year for your student.
As we approach Thanksgiving and the holiday season, those of us who work at Lakes have much to be thankful for. We appreciate the fine, supportive community we serve and the students who arrive every day eager to learn.
At Lakes, we have three simple expectations, Be Respectful, Be Responsible and Be Safe. The work we do is grounded in core beliefs that guide our efforts. We are committed to do our best in helping each child reach his or her highest potential. We invite you to read these statements with your children.
· School will be an emotionally and physically safe place.
· All children and adults at Lakes will be treated with respect and dignity.
· Community and family involvement enhance and improve the educational process.
· All students can learn and should have equitable opportunities to do so.
· Everyone should be self-motivated and responsible participants in their own learning.
· We provide experiences that will enable students to become responsible citizens.
· Learning should be relevant and related to life experience.
Providing the very best education possible to enable your children to succeed at each new level and to compete in the new world economy is a team effort. To accomplish these goals, a critical component of effective schools is parent and community involvement. We encourage you to find ways to be involved in your child's education. Volunteering at school, joining and participating in the wonderful Lakes PTA, and providing a home environment supportive of school and educational needs are just three examples of how families can help. Best wishes for coming holidays and for a great school year and thank you for all you do. If there is anything we can do to assist your child and family in our mutual effort to educate, please call.
Mike McDonald, Principal